Lt. Dhruv Jakhar
Ex. Army Officer
Young and Enthusiastic
Qualification – M.A., LLB., PG (Diploma) in Military Studies & Defence Management from Indian Military Academy Dehradun.
Vast Experience in Military Tactics & Operational Training
- Vast Experience in providing channelized coaching & guidance to motivated & enthusiastic young students who want to serve the nation as Armed Forces Officers.
- To provide guidance & channelize the efforts of Young Minds in preparation for National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy, Combined Defence Services Exams, AFCAT & Conduction & Training for SSB Interviews & Personality Development in order to facilitate the students to become future officers in the Defence Forces of our nation.
The National Defence Academy (NDA) admits students to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings through an entrance examination held twice a year, generally in the months of April and September. This examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
Age and marital status:
A candidate must be an unmarried male not below 16½ years and above 19½ years on the date of joining.
1) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:
Must have successfully completed Class XII in the 10 + 2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination conducted by a State education board or a university.
2) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10 + 2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy:
Must have passed Class 12 of the 10 + 2 pattern of school education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State education board or a university. Candidates currently in Class XII in the 10 + 2 pattern of school education, or equivalent examination, can also apply.
NOTE: Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
NDA UPSC EXAM DETAILS
|2||2.30 Hours||General ability test||600|
Details – Maximum Marks : 300, Total Questions-120, All Equal Marks, Negative Marking-One Third
Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential equations, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability
PAPER-2 GENERAL ABILITY
Details – Maximum Marks : 600, Total Questions-150, All Equal Marks, Negative Marking-One Third
PART ‘A’ – ENGLISH : Maximum Marks : 200, Total 50 Questions The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words .
The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
PART ‘B’ – GENERAL KNOWLEDGE : Maximum Marks : 400, Total 100 Questions
Section ‘A’ (Physics), Section ‘B’ (Chemistry), Section ‘C’ (General Science.), Section ‘D’: (History, Freedom Movement etc.), Section ‘E’ (Geography.), Section ‘F’ (Current Eve nts.)
The Background Preprations of the Students include regular instructions on personality development, spoken English, General Awareness level & Enhancing the Reasoning ability both Verbal & Non Verbal. Team of qualified & experienced teachers conduct this training throughout the year.
Individual and group obstacles as per SSB pattern and standards have been created in the campus. Students are periodically put through these for limb coordination and strengthening training.
Group testing officer’s tasks comprising of Progressive Group Tasks, Half Group Task, Final Group task and Command Task have also been constructed to give real feel of the SSB.
An AV room is available for conducting psychology tests (WAT, TAT, SRT and SD). An office is also available for conduct of mock interview.
The SSB Faculty:
The faculty consists of retired and qualified senior Defence officers who had been Interviewing Officer, Group Testing Officer & the Psychologist are all trained professional at the Defence institute of Psychological research (DIPR) New Delhi under MOD. Interactive sessions are held through out the year whereby the weak & strong traits ofa candidate are discussed & proper feedback is given for corrective measures & follow up to improve on weak areas.
SSB Capsule :
A two week SSB Capsule on regular basis is conducted by a team of highly experienced and qualified retired officers who have been assessors in the SSB. The capsule is conducted as per SSB standards & rules. Following is the process for five days at the SSB Center:-
SSB SCREENING :
- Intelligence & IQTests(OIR)
- ScreeningTest-PPDT& GD
- Personal Information Questionnaire(PIQ)
- Thematic Apperception Test -(TAT)
- Word Association Test -(WAT)
- Situation Reaction Test -(SRT)
- Self Description -(SD)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Group Planning Exercise (GPE)
- Progressive Group Tasks(PGT)
- Group Obstacle Race (GOR)
- Half Group Task(HGT)
- Individual Obstacle(IO’s)
- Command Task(CT)
- Final Group Task(FGT)
INTERVIEW TECHNIQUE :
- Various Types of Interview Techniques
- Evaluation as in the SSB
- Identify Weaknesses & Strengths of the candidates
- Importance of Answering Techniques & Body Language
FINAL BOARD CONFERENCE :
Conduct of Conference